Album Campaign Ends at 150% of Goal! (May 11, 2024)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Great job, everyone! Once again, hundreds of Wingnuts have come together to pull off a successful crowdfunding campaign! The finally tally was $24,300, which is more than 50% over the $16,000 target. This means that a live orchestra will be able to record the entire Wing Commander album in Budapest and it will be supplemented by a live choir in Salt Lake City. The entire project will come to more than $40,000 when combined with a separate mega donation from Matt Hiltner, so Wingnuts will truly be in for a treat. When all is said and done, the effort will include reprintings of the prior albums on CD as well as vinyl editions of both orchestra pieces. This will be a collectible set for the ages! Even if you're only interested in hearing the final product digitally, it will surely be a treat. Composer George Oldziey has already started placing deposits to secure time with the musicians later this year, so stay tuned for progress updates in the future!

Bravo! You (We) Did it!!

I had such a wonderful feeling watching the minutes and seconds counting down at the end of the campaign knowing that our success was assured. I also have a wonderful feeling from reading all of the very touching comments from many of you about how much the Wing Commander music was not only a big part of your gaming experience but also your lives. I can't tell you how much that means to me. All artists dream of having such an impact on others, and you all have made that dream come true for me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Now the rest of the work begins for me to bring this wonderful project to fruition. I am so looking forward to it! Bravo to all of you!

Musically yours,

George

--
Original update published on May 11, 2024

Back